Maglizh Ammo Plant Blast Caused by Breakdown - Interior Ministry
Bulgarian officials have attributed Friday's accident at the Maglizh ammo factory to a breakdown, but have failed to make clear if it was human-made.
A man died and three others were wounded after an explosion at the plant which lies 200 km east of the capital Sofia.
Svetlozar Lazarov, the Interior Ministry's Chief Secretary, told reporters that authorities could not verify the information that workers at the factory had been busy developing a new product over the past days.
Lazarov added "no version" could be ruled out as to what had caused the blast.
This is the second similar incident in Bulgaria in just a few months. Early in October, an explosion at the Midzhur plant in Bulgaria's north-west razed the facility to the ground, killing fifteen people and wounded three others.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Passengers Wait over 6 hours for a Wizz Air Flight to Valencia at Sofia Airport
- » Bulgaria: 18-year-old on Amphetamines killed 22-year-old Student in Car Crash
- » Bulgaria: Taxi carrying Illegal Migrants from Syria Crashed in Sofia
- » Car Accidents with Casualties all over Bulgaria Today
- » Bulgaria: Car Crash on the Ring Road in Sofia, One Person confirmed Dead
- » Bulgarian Border Guards rescued 38 Refugees in the Black Sea, including a Baby