Bulgaria Is Blameless For South Stream – MP
Bulgaria is not guilty for what happened to the South Stream project, Delyan Dobrev – former energy minister and current GERB MP told the BNT public broadcaster breakfast show.
“Bulgaria is blameless, because Bulgaria is trying to place the project within the EU legal framework,” Dobrev said, adding that EU law as on Bulgaria's side.
According to him, there was no way that the country could decide by itself on South Stream, as the main share holder, Gazprom, suspended the project.
“We cannot force Gazprom to invest EUR 23 B, if they don't want to,” Dobrev said.
He added that Bulgaria still expects an official notification on the fate of the pipeline. “We have oral statements, but nothing in written,” Dobrev said.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » PM Boyko Borissov: Bulgaria Will Start Importing Azeri Gas by January 1
- » Analysis: Energy Policy in Bulgaria – Too Much Of Everything
- » PM Boyko Borissov: EC Must Find a Plan for Countries with Coal Dominated Energy Industries
- » Bulgaria's PM: We Will Construct Unit 7 of Kozloduy Nuclear Power Plant with American Reactor
- » Low Carbon Voltage
- » Bulgarian Energy Holding: BGN 50 Million Loan for Mini Maritsa Iztok