US 'Gives Ukraine Weapons via Bulgaria'
A Bulgarian company is helping the United States to export arms to Ukraine, Russian-language media outlets claim.
Bulkomers KS EOOD "has made an attractive offer to Kiev: [Ukraine was offered] to buy a lethal weapon, namely M107A1 and 82A1 rifles" with a training on their use included, according to the website LifeNews.
It is "supposed" the document will be certified by the US firm AMI Global Security.
Kiev has already purchased two KS-1 unmanned aerial vehicles for USD 714 000, the report reads, implying the Bulgarian entity has also acted as a broker in the deal.
"Other weapon, including prohibited ones" might also have been sold to Ukraine with the assistance of this company, LifeNews also claims, but does not elaborate.
Bulkomers owner Kaloyan Stanislavov reportedly told Bulgarian daily Blitz that such a draft agreement exists.
Stanislavov is quoted as saying his company carried out negotiations with Ukrainian officials and adding no exports have been carried out because the entity has not yet been granted license to conduct arms trade abroad.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgarian Defense Minister: There is Real Danger that within 3-4 years We will Not be Able to Carry Out our Combat Duty Alone
- » Bulgaria is 67th in terms of Military Power. Who in the World is First?
- » Bulgaria will Repair its MiG-29 Fighters in Poland
- » Bulgarian Interior Minister: Migrant Pressure has Increased, but there are No Conditions for Concern
- » Bulgarian Defense Minister: 34 million dollars in Compensation have been agreed due to the Delay of F-16
- » Defense Minister: Repair Enterprises for Bulgarian Aircraft can Work without Service from Russia