Ukraine Has No Interest in Restoring Its Nuclear Status – President
The Ukrainian President Petro Poroshenko announced that he never had interest in restoring his country's status as nuclear power.
Poroshenko said in an interview for Australian television channel ABC that such a move will be “absolutely irresponsible”.
The Ukrainian President stated that the buildup of nuclear power, which was a technology of the 20th century, was not beneficial for ensuring security in the contemporary world of the 21st century.
Poroshenko told that in the present circumstances an aggressor could be defeated only through world unity.
The Ukrainian President reminded that his country had voluntarily renounced its nuclear weapons in return for the guarantee of its security by other countries.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Day 403 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Kyiv continues to Repel Russian Attacks in Bakhmut
- » Day 402 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Russia takes over the Presidency of the UN Security Council
- » A Romanian Court has placed Andrew Tate under House Arrest
- » For the First Time a Country in Europe Banned ChatGPT
- » EU Prosecutor's Office is conducting Searches in Sofia as part of an Investigation into Corruption and Misuse of Funds
- » Lukashenko: A Third World War with Nuclear Fire is on the Horizon