Over 1000 Spots on Bulgaria's Roads at Risk of Landslides, Collapses
There are more than 1000 spots on Bulgaria's roads at risk of landslides and partial collapses due to the profuse rains this year, the head of the Road Infrastrue Agency Lazar Lazarov told the Trud daily.
In one such place near Mursalevo on Thursday 80 tonnes of rocks collapsed on the road, causing a serious accident between a TIR truck and a passenger train, sending the two men in the truck in hospital and torching the locomotie and the first carriage of train.
According to Lazarov, the most risky areas are on the mountain roads in the Rhodopes and the Iskar gorge in Stara Planina.
- » Plane Crashed on a Street in Brazil, There Are Casualties
- » A Greek Coast Guard Boat Crashed into a Migrant Boat
- » A Man Stole an Ambulance and Crashed into Pedestrians in Oslo
- » More than 60 Were Killed in Blasts at Mosque in Afghanistan
- » Plane Overshot the Runway in Alaska
- » Five Casualties Following the Severe Earthquake in the Philippines