Emergency Declared In Several Bulgarian Towns
Emergency due to overflowing dams and high waters was declared in the towns of Saedinenie and Peshtera, reports the bTV national channel.
Homes in Saedinenie and the surrounding areas are partially flooded by overflowing dams and rivers.
The critical situation in the town of Elhovo because of the rising levels of Tundzha river also remains.
On Tuesday evening Tundzha flooded the main road between Kazanlak and Stara Zagora and it was closed for traffic. Several villages in the area have been flooded and the residents were evacuated.
The town of Belogradchik and the surrounding villages, which have no electricity since last week, are also in a state of emergency. Teams of CEZ Bulgaria, which supplies the area with electricity, have been working to replace the damaged power lines and poles, but the continuing freezing rain hinders the operation.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Traffic Accident Closed the Main Road Sofia-Varna
- » Bulgaria: Three People Died and 16 Injured in an Accident Near Lesovo
- » Bulgaria: 30 People Evacuated After a Fire in the Train Sofia-Bourgas
- » Bulgarian 19-Year-Old Boy Died After a Dangerous Selfie
- » Bulgaria: Lorry Crashed Into a House, One Man Killed
- » Incident: Two Workers Fell from a Construction Site in Kremikovtzi, Died on the Way to Hospital