Slavi Binev Resigns As Head Of Culture And Media Parliamentary Committee
Slavi Binev, MP of the Patriotic Front, resigned from his position as head of the Parliamentary Committee For Culture And Media.
The decision was taken at a meeting of the PF group in Parliament and was announced by the co-chairperson of the group Valeri Simeonov in front of journalists.
The appointment of Binev, who has a somewhat controversial reputation, sparked series of protests of artists, actors, musicians, writers and students and provoked angry letters from Bulgaria's public media and artistic associations.
"We witnessed an extremely ugly and degrading smear campaign against Mr. Binev, without getting any arguments," Simeonov told the journalists. "Regardless, we believe that the creation of tensions in the current moment, no matter how valid, massive and well-staged it may be, should not continue."
- » Bulgaria Parliament Bars Government from Signing Deals on Migrant Readmissions
- » The Bulgarian Customs have Collected nearly BGN 4.6 Billion for the First Half of the Year
- » 1/3 of the Farmers in Bulgaria are over 65 Years of Age
- » BGN 20 Million is the Annual Cost of Street Lighting in Sofia
- » CPC Stops the Deal for "Nova Broadcasting Group"
- » CPC Prohibit "Inercom" from Buying "CEZ Bulgaria"