Runaway Tiger Safely Returned to Cage at Sofia Zoo
The tiger which fled his cage at the Sofia Zoo Sunday morning was sedated and captured by a team of veterinarians and was returned to his cage.
Irina Sahatchieva, PR expert at the Sofia Zoo, told dnevnik.bg that the tiger was regaining consciousness after the procedure.
She said that the tiger had spent 2 hours walking around the Big Cats hall of the zoo before being caught.
After the animal fled his cage, all visitors were evacuated from the zoo and it was closed.
Sahatchieva suggested that the tiger had most probably managed to escape from his cage due to a failure of a member of the zoo staff to close the guillotine door.
The Sofia Municipality and the Sofia Zoo are to conduct inspections into the matter.
- » World Cup: Pussy Riot Protesters Charged over Pitch Demonstration
- » The Cleanest and the Dirtiest Beaches on the Black Sea Coast
- » New Outbreak of Bird Flu in Dobrich
- » Protest in Sofia Against the Euthanasia of Healthy Animals in Strandzha
- » Peter Bence with a Concert in Bulgaria
- » Health Workers Protest in Athens