Runaway Tiger Safely Returned to Cage at Sofia Zoo
The tiger which fled his cage at the Sofia Zoo Sunday morning was sedated and captured by a team of veterinarians and was returned to his cage.
Irina Sahatchieva, PR expert at the Sofia Zoo, told dnevnik.bg that the tiger was regaining consciousness after the procedure.
She said that the tiger had spent 2 hours walking around the Big Cats hall of the zoo before being caught.
After the animal fled his cage, all visitors were evacuated from the zoo and it was closed.
Sahatchieva suggested that the tiger had most probably managed to escape from his cage due to a failure of a member of the zoo staff to close the guillotine door.
The Sofia Municipality and the Sofia Zoo are to conduct inspections into the matter.
- » Clean Air Standards Laid Down in Legislation still not Met in Bulgaria
- » Plovdiv: Latest Bird Flu Case Affects 43,000 Laying Hens in a Farm in Trilistnik
- » Dutch Rail Collision Kills 4 Children
- » Sunny Weather with Highs of 25-30°C
- » Bulgarian Artists illuminate Brandenburg Gate During Berlin’s Festival of Lights
- » Bulgarian Ossuary in Nis Defiled