Runaway Tiger Safely Returned to Cage at Sofia Zoo
The tiger which fled his cage at the Sofia Zoo Sunday morning was sedated and captured by a team of veterinarians and was returned to his cage.
Irina Sahatchieva, PR expert at the Sofia Zoo, told dnevnik.bg that the tiger was regaining consciousness after the procedure.
She said that the tiger had spent 2 hours walking around the Big Cats hall of the zoo before being caught.
After the animal fled his cage, all visitors were evacuated from the zoo and it was closed.
Sahatchieva suggested that the tiger had most probably managed to escape from his cage due to a failure of a member of the zoo staff to close the guillotine door.
The Sofia Municipality and the Sofia Zoo are to conduct inspections into the matter.
- » One Man Died, Four Are Injured in a Car Accident with a Police Patrol Car
- » The Oldest Mosque in Bulgaria is Now Open to Visitors after a Major Overhaul
- » 7.4 on the Richter Scale near New Zealand
- » Today is Father's Day!
- » What will Be the Weather in the Coming Week?
- » New Contamination after Oil Spill! This Time near Burgas