Organizers of Bingo, Keno Games in Bulgaria to Pay Gambling Tax
Bulgaria’s parliament on Friday expanded the scope of tax levied on games of chance to include bingo, keno and their varieties.
According to amendments to the Gambling Act adopted on second and final reading, the organizers of the newly included lottery games will have to pay a 15% turnover tax if betting is made in gambling premises or casinos.
In case of online betting, organizers will pay 20% tax on the difference between their revenue and winnings payouts.
Those tax rates apply to all other gambling games. Bingo and keno, however, were omitted in the amendments to the Gambling Act adopted by the previous parliament, thus allowing organizers of those lottery games to pay only 10% corporate tax.
The amendments are expected to bring additional five million levs a year in tax revenue.
- » First Crypto ATM Machines to be Launched in Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria is Again Among the Leaders in Low Debt in the EU
- » Bulgaria Inflation Accelerates Further In June
- » IMF Chief: Clouds over Global Economy are 'Getting Darker by the Day'
- » The IMF Provides a $ 50 Billion Loan to Argentina
- » Erdogan Claims Turkish Lira’s Loss in Value a Manipulation against Turkey