Donald Tusk: Bulgaria Well-Prepared to Join Schengen Zone
Bulgaria’s is well prepared to join the EU’s visa-free Schengen zone, European Council President Donald Tusk opined on Thursday.
“I’ve been the staunchest supporter of Bulgaria and Romania in this respect. The situation is not easy, you know that some colleagues have fears or are skeptical, but I’m sure we’ll find a solution,” Tusk said following talks in Brussels with Bulgaria's Prime Minister Boyko Borisov and Deputy Prime Minister Meglena Kuneva.
“Maybe not tomorrow, but possibly at the European Council meeting in March,” Tusk added, as quoted by the Bulgarian government’s press office.
- » BNB Governor: The Adoption of the Euro will not Generate Unhealthy Inflationary Impulses in Bulgaria
- » 113 Bulgarian Municipalities will Receive Vouchers for Free Internet from the EU
- » Eurostat: Sofia Airport is on the 63nd Position Among the 150 Airports in the EU
- » The EP will Call Again for the Accession of Bulgaria and Romania to Schengen
- » EU Road Transport Mobility Package Adopted, Bulgaria Votes NAY
- » Bulgaria is the EU Leader in the Growth of Jobs in Trade