Donald Tusk: Bulgaria Well-Prepared to Join Schengen Zone
Bulgaria’s is well prepared to join the EU’s visa-free Schengen zone, European Council President Donald Tusk opined on Thursday.
“I’ve been the staunchest supporter of Bulgaria and Romania in this respect. The situation is not easy, you know that some colleagues have fears or are skeptical, but I’m sure we’ll find a solution,” Tusk said following talks in Brussels with Bulgaria's Prime Minister Boyko Borisov and Deputy Prime Minister Meglena Kuneva.
“Maybe not tomorrow, but possibly at the European Council meeting in March,” Tusk added, as quoted by the Bulgarian government’s press office.
- » Bulgaria Has Active Role in Juncker Plan
- » Bulgarians Living For Years in UK Will Have No Problems Staying After Brexit
- » Spending on Opening Ceremony of European Capital of Culture Plovdiv 2019 Under Investigation
- » New EBRD Regional Director for Romania and Bulgaria
- » The Economist Democracy Index: Bulgaria ahead of 4 Countries in the EU
- » Sergei Stanishev, PES: We will Seek a Broad Centre-left Alliance