Donald Tusk: Bulgaria Well-Prepared to Join Schengen Zone
Bulgaria’s is well prepared to join the EU’s visa-free Schengen zone, European Council President Donald Tusk opined on Thursday.
“I’ve been the staunchest supporter of Bulgaria and Romania in this respect. The situation is not easy, you know that some colleagues have fears or are skeptical, but I’m sure we’ll find a solution,” Tusk said following talks in Brussels with Bulgaria's Prime Minister Boyko Borisov and Deputy Prime Minister Meglena Kuneva.
“Maybe not tomorrow, but possibly at the European Council meeting in March,” Tusk added, as quoted by the Bulgarian government’s press office.
- » Bulgarian Election Commission Spokesperson: Preparations for EP Elections go as Planned
- » Boyko Borissov For the Guardian: I Have Been Around the World and I Can Say that There is no Better Place to Live in the EU
- » GDP in the 1st Quarter of 2019 Increased by 0.5% in the EU-28
- » We Can Check Our Voting Section Over the Internet, by SMS or by Phone
- » Bulgarian Prime Minister Borisov: There is no Reason to Resign after the EP Elections
- » Bulgarian Ministry of the Interior Opens 24-hour Hotline for Reports on European Election Process Violations