Donald Tusk: Bulgaria Well-Prepared to Join Schengen Zone
Bulgaria’s is well prepared to join the EU’s visa-free Schengen zone, European Council President Donald Tusk opined on Thursday.
“I’ve been the staunchest supporter of Bulgaria and Romania in this respect. The situation is not easy, you know that some colleagues have fears or are skeptical, but I’m sure we’ll find a solution,” Tusk said following talks in Brussels with Bulgaria's Prime Minister Boyko Borisov and Deputy Prime Minister Meglena Kuneva.
“Maybe not tomorrow, but possibly at the European Council meeting in March,” Tusk added, as quoted by the Bulgarian government’s press office.
- » The Juncker Plan Will Provide Financial Assistance of BGN 10 million For 320 Micro-Enterprises in Bulgaria
- » EP Supports Accession Talks with Albania and Northern Macedonia
- » New Report: EC Reports on Bulgaria's Progress, Considers Dropping Monitoring (REVIEW)
- » Today's EC Monitoring Report on Bulgaria is Likely to be the Latest
- » The Latest Monitoring Report on Bulgaria is Expected to be Submitted Today
- » Six Countries Sign Common Document on Mobility Package