Donald Tusk: Bulgaria Well-Prepared to Join Schengen Zone
Bulgaria’s is well prepared to join the EU’s visa-free Schengen zone, European Council President Donald Tusk opined on Thursday.
“I’ve been the staunchest supporter of Bulgaria and Romania in this respect. The situation is not easy, you know that some colleagues have fears or are skeptical, but I’m sure we’ll find a solution,” Tusk said following talks in Brussels with Bulgaria's Prime Minister Boyko Borisov and Deputy Prime Minister Meglena Kuneva.
“Maybe not tomorrow, but possibly at the European Council meeting in March,” Tusk added, as quoted by the Bulgarian government’s press office.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Outgoing Prime Minister Borissov Taking Part in EU Porto Summit
- » Bulgarian Prosecutors Alert European Institutions to Political Pressure over Independent Judiciary
- » EU Commissioner for Justice: Bulgaria Should Step up Reforms, Media Freedom Is Essential for Democracy
- » "Big four" in EU Push for Fast Application of Recovery Plan
- » Recovery Instrument NextGenerationEU Ready to Be Implemented, Bulgaria’s Recovery Plan Delayed
- » Housing Prices in Bulgaria Soared by 30 Percent over Decade – Eurostat