Donald Tusk: Bulgaria Well-Prepared to Join Schengen Zone
Bulgaria’s is well prepared to join the EU’s visa-free Schengen zone, European Council President Donald Tusk opined on Thursday.
“I’ve been the staunchest supporter of Bulgaria and Romania in this respect. The situation is not easy, you know that some colleagues have fears or are skeptical, but I’m sure we’ll find a solution,” Tusk said following talks in Brussels with Bulgaria's Prime Minister Boyko Borisov and Deputy Prime Minister Meglena Kuneva.
“Maybe not tomorrow, but possibly at the European Council meeting in March,” Tusk added, as quoted by the Bulgarian government’s press office.
- » MFA: No Data For Bulgarians Affected by the Floods in Northern Greece
- » Rosen Zhelyazkov Discusses Mobility Package with EU Ministers in Brussels
- » Mariya Gabriel Nominated to be European Commissioner For Innovation and Youth
- » Maria Gabriel Opens the Fourth Edition of the Digital Life and Design Conference in Brussels
- » The Distribution of the Resources in the European Commission Will be Announced Today
- » European Commissioner Vytenis Andriukaitis Arrives in Bulgaria