Bulgaria’s Economy Minister: TTIP Will Boost Trade with US
Bulgaria expects the Transatlantic Trade and Investment Partnership (TTIP) to help boost trade with the US, according to Economy Minister Bozhidar Lukarski.
Lukarski participated in a conference titled “The Transatlantic Trade and Investment Partnership (TTIP): Prospects for Small and Medium-Sized Businesses” organized by the American Chamber of Commerce in Bulgaria and Confindustria Bulgaria.
The event was attended by Deputy Prime Minister Meglena Kuneva, US Ambassador to Bulgaria Marcie Ries and Italy's Ambassador to Bulgaria Marco Conticelli.
“Improving access to the US market for Bulgarian goods, services, and public procurement will contribute substantially to stimulating economic growth, innovation, and employment in Bulgaria, as well as the protection of intellectual property rights,” Lukarski declared, as cited by the BGNES news agency.
He underscored that Bulgaria expected the TTIP to have a positive impact on the sectoral competitiveness and productivity.
Lukarski emphasized that the EU would not allow a lowering of standards in environmental protection, labor, and healthcare.
He said that the TTIP was very important for Bulgaria, stressing the export opportunities for small and medium-sized enterprises, whose share in the sector was too small.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » EC: Bulgaria should Reduce its overall Dependence on Fossil Fuels and their Imports
- » 30% of all Liquefied Gas supplies to Greece are for Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria’s Finance Minister: Gas Stations are Using the Moment to Make more Profit
- » Italy and Germany have allowed use of Accounts in Rubles for Russian Gas
- » Russia Cuts Off Finland's Gas on Saturday
- » At least 80%: The EU Obliges its Members to Stock up on Gas