Sofia Declared UNESCO City of Film - Report
Sofia has been declared a UNESCO City of Film.
The City of Film program is part of UNESCO's Creative Cities Network.
The new cities were announced by UNESCO Director-General Irina Bokova in Paris.
Bokova is to hand out a certificate to Sofia Mayor Yordanka Fandakova during a visit to Bulgaria’s capital, according to unconfirmed reports of mass circulation daily 24 Hours.
The Creative Cities Network, which has been functioning since 2004, includes seven categories: Literature, Film, Music, Craft and Folk Art, Design, Media Arts, and Gastronomy.
The holder of the title receives greater support for developing creative potential in the sphere.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgarian History: 119 years since the Ilinden–Preobrazhenie Uprising
- » After the Arson in North Macedonia the Renovated Facade of the Bulgarian Cultural Center is Ready
- » Bulgaria Celebrates the 185th Anniversary of the Birth of Vasil Levski
- » “Bulgaria and Macedonia. History and Politics” Enters all major World Libraries in English
- » Bulgarian Actress Maria Bakalova will be in Guardians of the Galaxy 3
- » US with a Report on Religious Freedom in Bulgaria: Mosques are not Built or Repaired