Sofia Declared UNESCO City of Film - Report
Sofia has been declared a UNESCO City of Film.
The City of Film program is part of UNESCO's Creative Cities Network.
The new cities were announced by UNESCO Director-General Irina Bokova in Paris.
Bokova is to hand out a certificate to Sofia Mayor Yordanka Fandakova during a visit to Bulgaria’s capital, according to unconfirmed reports of mass circulation daily 24 Hours.
The Creative Cities Network, which has been functioning since 2004, includes seven categories: Literature, Film, Music, Craft and Folk Art, Design, Media Arts, and Gastronomy.
The holder of the title receives greater support for developing creative potential in the sphere.
- » The International Film Festival Burgas Starts on July 20 with over 30 Films
- » All you Need to Know About Ayliak Parade in Plovdiv
- » Peter Bence with a Concert in Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian illustration for Children from the 20s and 30s
- » Festival А TO JAZZ 2018 in Sofia
- » 180° Announces Open-call for Short Mute Movie