Minor Earthquake Rocks South Western Bulgaria
A minor earthquake measuring 2.6 on the Richter scale was registered on Saturday morning near the town of Kresna, south western Bulgaria, reported the Geophysics institute of the Bulgarian Academy of Sciences.
The area lies above one of the main faults on Bulgarian territory and minor earthquakes are a frequent occurence.
The epicentre was at a depth of 16.1 km.
No damages were reported.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: Ministry of Environment Slaps Stiff Fines on Polluting Mayors
- » Bulgaria: Nevestino Villagers Start Strouma River Cleanup on Their Own
- » Three Earthquakes Registered in Bulgaria Tonight
- » Yellow Code for Dangerous Cold Weather in Bulgaria
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Freezing Weekend
- » Bulgaria after Flood Disaster: Tons of Urban Waste Clog Rivers across the Country