Police Arrests 35 Illegal Immigrants in Sofia
Sofia Police arrested 35 illegal immigrants during an operation on Wednesday evening, reports the Focus news agency.
Neither of the 35 men from Afghanistan had documents. According to the BNR public broadcaster, they were living in a hostel in the Krasna Polyana district of Sofia.
According to the police, they paid human traffickers to drive them to the capital and wanted to continue their travels to Western Europe.
The police is checking whether the 35 were registered upon entering Bulgaria.
- » 22 Dead as Migrant Truck Crashes in Western Turkey
- » Availability of Organic Products on the Rise in Bulgaria
- » Mostly Sunny Today in Bulgaria with Highs Between 19°C and 24°C
- » 12-year-old Killed by Electric Shock in Southern Bulgaria
- » Gambling Addiction Affects 3 % of Bulgaria’s Population
- » Archaeological Finds near Pokrovnik in Southwest Bulgaria will be Preserved