Bulgarian Authorities Popularizing Radical Islam - Expert
Everything around the anti-terrorist operation conducted in Bulgaria this week is helping radical Islam to rise to popularity, a former security official says.
Nikolay Radulov, a former Chief Secretary at the Interior Ministry, believes the operation shows lack of understanding of this phenomenon.
"Radical Islamists seek publicity, this is why they release photos, footage. From this point of view they have achieved their goal. For some reason the prosecution and DANS [State Agency for National Security] are helping them promote it," Radulov told private national channel NOVA TV.
He asserted there were no "sleeping cells" of Islamic State (IS), since that would be a conspiring terror organization and would neither appear on the Internet nor promote itself on Facebook.
Services are trying to make themselves stand out at a time when the budget is being drafted, and also when "various people" are reportedly eyeing the position of DANS head Vladimir Pisanchev, Radulov claimed, adding this might be another explanation as to why the operation was conducted amid media fuss.
In his words, Imam Ahmed Musa Ahmed "gained much more popularity with this operation than the one he had had until now."
With such activities the security forces run the risk of creating "martyrs".
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Yoan Kolev: Mobilization and Disappointment in the Alternatives to the Status Quo
- » Is Bulgaria Doing the Worst Job with the COVID-19 Crisis Compared to the Rest of Europe?
- » Bulgaria’s Sofia Tech Park to Boast Most Powerful Computer
- » Bulgaria in Crisis: How World’s Saddest Place Became Deadliest
- » Boyko Takov: How to Survive in Time of Pandemic, Useful Tips for Bulgarian companies from BSMEPA
- » IME: Bulgarian Government Chose the Easiest Way for Budget Relaxation