Bulgaria Imam Detained in Operation Against 'Anti-Democratic Ideology' In 4 Cities
Bulgaria's Prosecutor's Office and the National Security Agency (DANS) are conducting a special operation against radical ideologies in four Bulgarian cities, said the prosecution on its website.
The operation is part of an investigation for “propagation of fascist or other anti-democratic ideology or forceful change of the public and state order, provided in the Constitution” and “propagation of war”. Both violations, according to Bulgaria's Penal Code, are punishable by imprisonment or a fine.
Since the morning of November 25, gendarmerie and DANS officers searched 40 premises in Pazardzhik, Plovdiv, Smolyan and Haskovo and seized “multiple evidence”, the statement says.
“Additional information will be given when it does not jeopardise the operation,” the statement said.
According to unofficial information of the Bulgarian-language media, the operation is against supporters of the Islamic State (IS) terrorist organisation in Bulgaria.
As reported earlier on Tuesday, gendarmerie, police and DANS officers raided the Iztok Roma quarter in Pazardzhik, blocked and searched the mosque there and took away in a police car the local imam Ahmed Musa Ahmed, who has a jail sentence for propagating anti-democratic ideology.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Operation "White" against Drugs throughout Bulgaria, 56 People have been Detained
- » Two Bulgarians are among those detained in a Drug Cartel broken up by Europol
- » Bulgaria: The Husband of the Murdered 28-year-old Mother of Two Children faces 20 Years in Prison
- » Bulgaria: Young Mother of Two was found Dead – Husband has been Arrested
- » Bulgaria: 12 Immigrants from Syria were Detained in Sofia in a Car with Serbian Registration
- » Bulgarian Interior Minister: Migrant Traffickers Fly at 200 km/h – Our Police Cars can’t Catch them!