DANS Raids Roma Quarter in Pazardzhik, Seeks IS Supporters
The State Agency for National Security (DANS) is carrying out an operation in the Roma quarter Iztok of Pazardzhik with the support of the Interior Ministry and under the supervision of the prosecution.
Official notice on the operation is lacking and no further information can be obtained from DANS.
According to the website of regional daily Maritsa, the operation is against suspected supporters of Islamic State (IS). The BNT public broadcaster also reported that the operation is against reported IS supporters.
The information for an anti-terrorist operation was also announced on private station bTV.
The Pazardzhik police said for dnevnik.bg that they have deployed forces in order to guard the operation of other institutions.
The quarter woke up surrounded by gendarmerie and children have not been allowed into schools. Reportedly, the mosque in Iztok is being searched.
"Arrests will be made during the operation in Pazardzhik," Malina Aleksandrova, head of the public communications department of DANS told the BGNES wire service. She, however, refused to divulge any details, as the operation is still going on.
According to Mediapool.bg, during the operation was arrested the local imam Ahmed Musa Ahmed, who has an jail sentence for propagating anti-democratic ideology.
Other media report that several other people, including a woman, wearing a burka, were also arrested.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » "Information Service" for Green Certificates: We Repelled the biggest Cyber Attack in Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Traffic Police Caught 30 Migrants on Trakia Highway near Sliven
- » Spouses Found Dead in Blagoevgrad, Son is a Suspect of the Murder
- » At Least 116 people have Died in a Prison Riot in Ecuador
- » Demonstrative Murder in Sofia: A Man was Shot Dead at Gerena Stadium
- » Record Homicide Growth in the United States Last Year