Banks to Repay KTB Deposits Unveiled
Bulgaria's Bank Deposit Insurance Fund has announced the names of the nine banks to be in charge of reimbursing deposits at Corporate Commercial Bank (Corpbank or KTB) from December 4.
After KTB has been under conservatorship since June 20, depositors are still waiting for access to their savings.
The nine financial companies are: Allianz Bank Bulgaria, DSK Bank, United Bulgarian Bank, First Investment Bank, Raiffeisen Bank (Bulgaria), CIBANK, UniCredit Bulbank, Central Cooperative Bank and Eurobank Bulgaria (Postbank).
Within the next five years, depositors at KTB will be able to access their money within the working hours of the respective bank.
All sums of up to BGN 196 000 (EUR 100 000) are guaranteed for a single depositor, regardless of the number of accounts he has opened at Corpbank. This amount of money involves both principal and interests accumulated as of November 6, the date when Bulgaria's fourth-largest lender was declared insolvent.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Vital Questions to Ask Before Buying Bitcoin
- » Protests in Turkey over the Collapse of the Turkish Currency
- » 67% of Bulgarians have taken an Average of One and a Half Loans in 2021
- » Best eWallets To Use Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria: Belgian KBC Bought the Business of Raiffeisen Bank International
- » On the Day After Elections, Bulgaria will Draw a New Debt of Half a Billion Levs