Bulgaria's Textile Industry Expects Further Growth
Bulgaria's textile industry is expecting further growth in 2014, reports Standart daily, quoting Radina Bankova, head of the Bulgarian Association of Producers and Exporters of Garments and Textile.
Last year the sector posted an export growth of around 7-8%, reaching EUR 1.8 B – the highest since 2007. The turnover of the textile companies grew by 10%.
According to a survey of the Association, the growth in H1 2014 continues with a similar pace.
“We have no final statistics yet, but we expect good results,” Bankova said. “We notice increased interest in the domestic market, but it is still not the most important.”
According to Bankova, the majority of textile and garment companies export their produce – mainly to Germany, Italy, Greece, France and Spain.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » How Bulgarian Tourism Survives in Time of Pandemic?
- » Greek Land Borders Remain Closed Till 14 December
- » A Tour of Sofia by Travel Diary - Greek traveling TV show
- » Maradona’s Death to Be Investigated!
- » Commission for Consumer Protection: Let's Not Go Hysterical over Black Friday Sales
- » European Commission Nods to EUR 511 Million for Support of Bulgarian Economy