Lot 2 of Bulgaria’s Struma Motorway to Be Ready by end-October 2015
The deadline for the completion of construction works at Lot 2 of the Struma motorway is October 2015, according to Bulgarian Regional Development Minister Lilyana Pavlova.
On Sunday, Pavlova conducted a sudden inspection of the progress of the 38km motorway section connecting Dupnitsa and Blagoevgrad.
Pavlova, as cited by the Focus agency, declared that she had been told by workers of the contractor that the construction works were to be wrapped up by end-October 2015.
She noted that the planned two tunnels at Lot 2 of the Struma motorway were being built.
Bulgaria’s Regional Development Minister made clear that she had been assured by the archaeologists working at the site that they would complete their exploration activities by June 30.
Construction works have been suspended until the summer of 2015 in an area where traces of Neolithic settlements have been found.
Several days ago, Pavlova vowed that Lot 2 of the Struma motorway would be ready by November 2015, according to investor.bg.
As regards Lot 3 of the Struma motorway (Blagoevgrad – Sandanski), she said that options were being sought to reduce the price tag from the current rate of EUR 0.5 B.
- » President Radev Participated in the 41st Session of the UN Human Rights Council (UPDATED)
- » Dupnitsa Company Imports Seamstresses from Moldova
- » BSMEPA will Support the Association of Bulgarian Leaders and Entrepreneurs
- » Fines and Prohibitions: What to Watch out for on the Beach!
- » Food Prices in Bulgaria Are Close to the Average for Europe
- » The E-commerce Turnover is about BGN 3 Billion Per Year