Lot 2 of Bulgaria’s Struma Motorway to Be Ready by end-October 2015
The deadline for the completion of construction works at Lot 2 of the Struma motorway is October 2015, according to Bulgarian Regional Development Minister Lilyana Pavlova.
On Sunday, Pavlova conducted a sudden inspection of the progress of the 38km motorway section connecting Dupnitsa and Blagoevgrad.
Pavlova, as cited by the Focus agency, declared that she had been told by workers of the contractor that the construction works were to be wrapped up by end-October 2015.
She noted that the planned two tunnels at Lot 2 of the Struma motorway were being built.
Bulgaria’s Regional Development Minister made clear that she had been assured by the archaeologists working at the site that they would complete their exploration activities by June 30.
Construction works have been suspended until the summer of 2015 in an area where traces of Neolithic settlements have been found.
Several days ago, Pavlova vowed that Lot 2 of the Struma motorway would be ready by November 2015, according to investor.bg.
As regards Lot 3 of the Struma motorway (Blagoevgrad – Sandanski), she said that options were being sought to reduce the price tag from the current rate of EUR 0.5 B.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Ukraine's Baby Crisis
- » Microsoft is Replacing its Employees With AI Software
- » Facebook Employees Protesting Against Mark Zuckerberg
- » Summer in Greece: No Team Sports on the Beach, Packaged Food from Restaurants
- » Reduced Banking Activity Leads to a Decline in Paid Ad Impressions amid Pandemic
- » Savings for a Second Pension are Melting Because of the Crisis in Bulgaria