President Plevneliev Invites Polish Businesses to Invest in Bulgaria
Potential Polish investors can find attrractive investment opportinities in Bulgaria's hi-tech industry, car making, energy, agriculture, food production and tourism, Bulgaria's President Rosen Plevneliev has said.
Bulgaria is reestablishing its traditions in the information and communications technologies (ICT), having created 35,000 new jobs in the sector only in the past 10 years, Plevneliev said during a presentation of investment opportunities and economic potential of Bulgaria held at the Warsaw Stock Exchange, part of his official visit to Poland earlier this week.
Bulgaria has attracted world leaders in the ICT sector such as HP, Oracle, IBM. The most recent example was last month's announcement that US-based Progress Software Corporation had entered into a definitive agreement to acquire Bulgaria's leading software developing company Telerik AD for USD 262.5 M.
Plevneliev also highlighted investment opportunities offered by Sofia Tech Park, a EU-funded project, for the development of start-ups from Bulgaria and the region of Southeast Europe.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria will Seek Gas from Azerbaijan, Turkey or Russia
- » The Interconnector with Greece is Now Connected to the Bulgarian Network
- » Bulgaria has received Offers for the Supply of Natural Gas with a Secured Unloading Slot
- » These Bulgarian Electric Vehicles will be Among the Most Affordable on the World Market
- » Bulgaria: The Economy Grew by nearly 5% before the Start of Summer
- » Almost the Entire Management of "Bulgargaz" has been Replaced