Sofia Literary Festival Focuses On Nordic Literature
This year's edition of the Sofia International Literary Festival will focus on the modern Nordic literature.
The event, taking place between November 25 and December 14, will include presentations of notable Nordic authors and critics, such as Henning Werp, Sofi Oksanen, Kurt Aust, Thomas Enger, Thorstein Thomsen, etc.
There will also be literary readings, discussions, lectures and meetings with Bulgarian translators of Nordic literature, as well as presentations of contemporary Bulgarian authors.
The festival will celebrate the 100-th anniversary of the birth of the Moomin books Tove Jansson, children's events, photography exhibitions and concerts.
The events will take place in Sofia's National Palace of Culture (NDK), the Mixtape 5 club, the G8 cultural centre, the Sofia Library, the National Art Gallery and the +tova restaurant.
The literary festival will coincide with this year's edition of the "Northern Lights" film festival of Nordic cinema.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Today marks 115 Years since Bulgaria’s Independence
- » Bulgarians honor the Saints Faith, Hope, Love and Sofia
- » Bulgaria celebrates 138 years since its Unification
- » Bulgaria: 140 Publishers will attend the Book Alley event in Sofia
- » More than 3,500 Folk Performers from Bulgaria and abroad participate in the festival in Nedelino
- » Indian Summer Exhibition: Art from my Travels