Ralitsa Vassileva Leaving CNN International
CNN anchor Ralitsa Vassileva, known as the most successful Bulgarian journalist on an international level, is leaving the news channel.
She has not publicly commented on the reason, but her Twitter posts suggest Sunday was her "last day on air".
On Tuesday Vassileva also wrote she does not know what her "next step" will be.
Vassileva is the first Bulgarian to work for CNN, having started 23 years ago.
Turner Broadcasting system, a division of Time Warner owning CNN, has recently laid off ten percent of its staff across the world to reduce spending.
In her 23 years at CNN Vassileva has covered a number of international events such as the Bosnian War and the Arab-Isaeli conflict and has met a myriad of world leaders.
- » Mostly Sunny with Max Temperatures Between 10 ° and 15 °
- » Is There a Danger of an Epidemic of Measles in Bulgaria?
- » Europroject Will Improve Air Quality in Six Large Municipalities in Bulgaria
- » Findings from the Struma Highway Enter the Exhibition "Bulgarian Archeology 2018"
- » NASA Accelerates Its Plans to Land on the Moon
- » 17 Cases of Measles in Bulgaria
It is sad, the way CNN has degraded to almost total trash, the last 10+ years. I feel with the loss of Ms. Vassileva, that CNN has lost one its last true jewels in the crown. All they have now are noisy, annoying, inept, and overbearing casters...who are too concerned with letting the world know what THEY think and not with reporting professionally as they should be doing.