Ralitsa Vassileva Leaving CNN International
CNN anchor Ralitsa Vassileva, known as the most successful Bulgarian journalist on an international level, is leaving the news channel.
She has not publicly commented on the reason, but her Twitter posts suggest Sunday was her "last day on air".
On Tuesday Vassileva also wrote she does not know what her "next step" will be.
Vassileva is the first Bulgarian to work for CNN, having started 23 years ago.
Turner Broadcasting system, a division of Time Warner owning CNN, has recently laid off ten percent of its staff across the world to reduce spending.
In her 23 years at CNN Vassileva has covered a number of international events such as the Bosnian War and the Arab-Isaeli conflict and has met a myriad of world leaders.
- » Mostly Sunny Today in Bulgaria with Temperatures up to 20-25°C
- » Bulgarian Environment Ministry: Three Nature Parks Get BGN 1.5 million Under OPE
- » Bulgarian and French Archaeologists Discovered an Impressive Tomb in Sozopol
- » Moderate Quake in Halkidiki Rattles Northern Greece
- » Bulgarian Regional Minister Explains Green Buildings for a Common Green Future Project
- » 22 Dead as Migrant Truck Crashes in Western Turkey
It is sad, the way CNN has degraded to almost total trash, the last 10+ years. I feel with the loss of Ms. Vassileva, that CNN has lost one its last true jewels in the crown. All they have now are noisy, annoying, inept, and overbearing casters...who are too concerned with letting the world know what THEY think and not with reporting professionally as they should be doing.