US Braces for New Heavy Snowfall after Storm Leaves Seven Dead
Over a meter of snow could fall in the area of Buffalo in the north-west of New York, meteorologists say.
A new snowstorm is expected after temperatures have been at a historic low throughout the US, with the weather claiming seven lives across the country.
Sub-zero temperatures have been registered even in Florida and Hawaii, known for their milder climate.
Many people are unable to leave their homes or cars, with some parts of Buffalo covered with a layer of snow of up to 1.8 meters.
Bad weather and weather-related accidents have resulted in the deaths of 20 people in the US since Saturday.
On Tuesday the country registered its coldest morning since 1976.
- » Huge 7.5-Magnitude Earthquake Strikes Border with Peru and Ecuador
- » Code Yellow For Strong Winds Declared For 16 Regions in Bulgaria
- » Rain Toward Noon, Snowfall in the Mountains
- » Mostly Sunny Today in Bulgaria with Highs between 9-14°C
- » The First Storks that Landed in Bulgaria Remind us that Spring Coming
- » Strong Earthquake in Turkey was Felt in Plovdiv