Four Immigrants Found Dead Near Bulgarian-Serbian Border
The bodies of four immigrants were found near the Bulgarian-Serbian border, near the villages of Rakovitsa and Kireevo, north-western Bulgaria, said the Interior Ministry press office.
According to the police, the bodies of the men from Syria and Iraq bore no signs of violence and the most likely cause of death is exposure. An autopsy will establish the cause with certainty.
All four were going through the procedure of getting a refugee status and apparently attempted to illegally cross the border to Serbia.
Earlier this week the border police rescued two groups of immigrants who got lost in the same area, attempting to illegally cross the border. They were from Algiers, Afghanistan, Pakisan, Iraq and Syria.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Sofia’s Mayor Infected with COVID-19
- » Bulgaria: Caps for the Future Charity Initiative Begins this Weekend
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: Queues for Quick Tests in Front of Restaurants in Sofia
- » Earthquake on the Island of Bali has Claimed Lives
- » Education Minister: I will Support a Green Certificate at Schools, if there is such a Decision
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Rains Continue but will Gradually Weaken