Four Immigrants Found Dead Near Bulgarian-Serbian Border
The bodies of four immigrants were found near the Bulgarian-Serbian border, near the villages of Rakovitsa and Kireevo, north-western Bulgaria, said the Interior Ministry press office.
According to the police, the bodies of the men from Syria and Iraq bore no signs of violence and the most likely cause of death is exposure. An autopsy will establish the cause with certainty.
All four were going through the procedure of getting a refugee status and apparently attempted to illegally cross the border to Serbia.
Earlier this week the border police rescued two groups of immigrants who got lost in the same area, attempting to illegally cross the border. They were from Algiers, Afghanistan, Pakisan, Iraq and Syria.
- » The BFSA Inspections on the Markets in Sofia Continue
- » 16 Heavy Traffic Accidents Over the Past 24 Hours in Bulgaria
- » Over 200,000 People Visited the Rozhen Fair in the Rhodope Mountains
- » First Industrial Farm Hit by African Swine Fever in Bulgaria
- » Will the Weather in Bulgaria Surprise us Next Week?
- » The Traffic on Trakia Highway Will Be Stopped for an Hour Tonight