Four Immigrants Found Dead Near Bulgarian-Serbian Border
The bodies of four immigrants were found near the Bulgarian-Serbian border, near the villages of Rakovitsa and Kireevo, north-western Bulgaria, said the Interior Ministry press office.
According to the police, the bodies of the men from Syria and Iraq bore no signs of violence and the most likely cause of death is exposure. An autopsy will establish the cause with certainty.
All four were going through the procedure of getting a refugee status and apparently attempted to illegally cross the border to Serbia.
Earlier this week the border police rescued two groups of immigrants who got lost in the same area, attempting to illegally cross the border. They were from Algiers, Afghanistan, Pakisan, Iraq and Syria.
- » Around 500 Bulgarian Doctors Leave the Country every Year
- » More Sun in West Bulgaria, Rain in some Eastern Areas
- » Bulgaria Reports Bird Flu Outbreak on Two Farms in South
- » The Bulgarian Environment Ministry will Publish Programme for Improving Air Quality
- » Foreign Affairs Minister: Bulgarians in the UK have Nothing to Worry About
- » Children Opened an Exhibition of Tolerance in Bulgaria’s Parliament