Four Immigrants Found Dead Near Bulgarian-Serbian Border
The bodies of four immigrants were found near the Bulgarian-Serbian border, near the villages of Rakovitsa and Kireevo, north-western Bulgaria, said the Interior Ministry press office.
According to the police, the bodies of the men from Syria and Iraq bore no signs of violence and the most likely cause of death is exposure. An autopsy will establish the cause with certainty.
All four were going through the procedure of getting a refugee status and apparently attempted to illegally cross the border to Serbia.
Earlier this week the border police rescued two groups of immigrants who got lost in the same area, attempting to illegally cross the border. They were from Algiers, Afghanistan, Pakisan, Iraq and Syria.
- » Mostly Sunny with Max Temperatures Between 10 ° and 15 °
- » Is There a Danger of an Epidemic of Measles in Bulgaria?
- » Europroject Will Improve Air Quality in Six Large Municipalities in Bulgaria
- » Findings from the Struma Highway Enter the Exhibition "Bulgarian Archeology 2018"
- » NASA Accelerates Its Plans to Land on the Moon
- » 17 Cases of Measles in Bulgaria