7 Bulgarian Districts under Code Orange Weather Alert over Heavy Rain
The National Institute of Meteorology and Hydrology of the Bulgarian Academy of Sciences has issued code orange weather alert over heavy rain and thunder for the districts of Targovishte, Razgrad, Shumen, Silistra, Burgas, Yambol, and Sliven.
Code orange means that the meteorological phenomena envisaged in the forecast pose a potential risk to life and property.
The heavy rainfall of 30-50 liters per square meter is expected to continue on Wednesday night and Thursday morning.
Code yellow weather alert for potentially dangerous weather conditions has been issued for the districts of Gabrovo, Veliko Tarnovo, and Ruse, where rainfall of 20-30 liters per square meter is expected.
On Wednesday night, the districts of Dobrich, Varna, Haskovo, Stara Zagora and Kardzhali also expect heavy rain of 20-30 liters per square meter and thunder, with Kardzhali also bracing for strong winds.
The National Institute of Meteorology and Hydrology of BAS also warns about increases in river levels.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Mild and Windy Saturday, Rain Approaching Sunday
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Foggy Start to December
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Sunny with Freezing Temperatures
- » Bulgaria Backs Kyiv Declaration: Environmental Impact of Military Actions
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Cloudy but Warmer
- » Snow Removal Companies in Sofia Fined for Uncleaned Streets and Bus Stops