Interior Minister Points to Budget Shortfall, Migrant Pressure as Key Challenges
Migrant pressure and a shortage of finds are the main issues Bulgaria’s Interior Ministry should tackle in the near term, Interior Minister Veselin Vuchkov said on Sunday.
The ministry’s budget is expected to show a shortfall of some BGN 210M (EUR 105M) at the end of the year, Vuchkov told a news conference.
To help the ministry cope with the projected shortfall, the minority coalition government has proposed to allocate additional BGN 125M (EUR 63M) under the budget update already approved by the interim budget committee in parliament while the remainder will come from internal restructuring without putting payments to staff at risk.
Vuchkov also said Bulgaria will continue to build the fence along its entire border with Turkey to direct migration pressure to official border crossing and curb trafficking in humans.
Foreign Minister Daniel Mitov said on Saturday Bulgaria would seek aid from the European Commission to handle the increasing flow of illegal immigrants.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » "Mediana": GERB leads with nearly 10% over “We Continue the Change” in Early Election Survey
- » Bulgaria will Not Recognize the Referendums in Ukraine
- » The Army has Increased the Intelligence and Surveillance in the Eastern Part of Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria: Partial State of Emergency Declared due to Migrant Pressure
- » Bulgaria’s MFA: The so-called Referendums in Ukraine will Not be Recognized
- » Bulgarian Politician: Only our Party can Normalize Relations with Russia