Wladimir Klitschko Defeats Kubrat Pulev in 5th Round
Bulgarian boxer Kubrat Pulev got knocked down by Ukrainian heavyweight champion Wladimir Klitschko in a long-waited match held late on Saturday, November 15.
Pulev fought hard despite falling down two times well in the first round, but failed to get back to his feet after a strong left punch which prevented him from making it through the fifth round eleven seconds before the end.
Both players showed resilience, with Klitschko saying after the match that his Bulgarian opponent had played well.
The Cobra (Pulev's nickname), for his part, said he would not surrender just for being knocked down, adding it did not matter that Klitschko had "had luck" while dabbing on his right cheek-bone left severely bruised.
He told NOVA TV he was "not satisfied" with himself, but was feeling great and was ready to "go on". In the Cobra's words, lack of experience (if compared to Klitschko) was a decisive factor.
This is the first ever defeat of Pulev as a professional boxer.
For Dr Steelhammer, as Klitschko is also known, the victory means he has defended his belts which Pulev had long demanded to challenge.
A huge Bulgarian crowd at the 02 Arena in Hamburg, Germany was shouting Pulev's name throughout the match.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » The Biggest Horse Racing Countries in Europe
- » Bulgarian Boxer Kubrat Pulev convincingly Defeated Jerry Forest
- » Dimitrov Double Dips Stateside
- » For the First Time: Bulgarian Baseball Player with a Professional Contract in the USA
- » Here is How to Download the Betway Mobile apps for Android and iOS for Bulgaria
- » Four Betway bonuses that made this brand among the best in Bulgaria