Bulgaria Wins 2nd Place at Junior Eurovision 2014
Bulgaria has ranked second at the Junior Eurovision contest in Malta, winning 147 points with a song titled Planet of the Children.
Ten-year-old singer Krisia and the young pianists Hasan and Ibrahim, also 10, captivated both the audience and the jury in many of the 15 countries (except Bulgaria) which were allowed to give points to Bulgaria (neither viewers and jury members are allowed to vote for their own country).
Though the competition was won by Italy (159 points), the outcome was too close to call most of the time, with a number of countries choosing to back Krisia, Hasan and Ibrahim with the maximum number of points (12).
Armenia came third with 146 points and the hosts from Malta were fourth, lagging 30 points behind.
The final ranking can be seen here.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgarians honor All Souls' Day
- » Today Bulgarians honor Hristo Botev and the Heroes who Died for Freedom - Sirens to be Sound at Noon
- » Bulgarian author and “Booker” winner Georgi Gospodinov will be a guest at the Sofia Book Fair
- » Bulgarians Celebrate May 24 - Day of the Bulgarian Alphabet, Literature and Culture
- » Bulgarian Author Georgi Gospodinov Won the "Booker" Prize for "Time Shelter”
- » Bulgaria: Over 100 Publishing Houses will Participate in the Spring Book Fair in Sofia