Bulgaria’s Foreign Minister Warns Of 'Import Of Terrorists'
Bulgaria’s Foreign Minister Daniel Mitov warned of risk of “import of terrorists” from Iraq and Syria in an interview for the Darik national radio.
“The foreign minister cannot keep silent about such dangers,” Mitov said. “We must be forewarned of such risks, even if we have no specific data. Even if no such cases exist, we must be acutely aware of the changing geopolitics. We must be proactive to prevent such cases.”
Mitov also said Bulgaria will seek aid from the European Commission in order to handle the increasing flow of illegal immigrants. He added that the fence at the border with Turkey will most likely be extended. “We are building it in order to limit the unchecked access of migrants to Bulgaria and redirect the flow towards the official border crossing points,” he said.
According to Mitov, the state does not have data on Bulgarian citizens fighting for the Islamic State (IS), denying once again the claims of interim Defence Minister Velizar Shalamanov from October.
“We have no such data, but we must pass a law cirminalising the participation of Bulgarian citizens on the side of the so-called Islamic State,” Mitov said.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria’s MFA: The so-called Referendums in Ukraine will Not be Recognized
- » The Bulgarian Embassy in Kyiv is Working Again
- » US Deputy Assistant Secretary of State for Central and Eastern Europe Robin Dunnigan Visits Bulgaria
- » President Radev: Bulgaria will Once Again stand in Solidarity with Fraternal Macedonia
- » Bulgaria’s President: We will Sign Important Partnership Agreements with the UAE
- » MFA: Bulgaria will Not Recognize Passports issued in the Occupied Zones in Ukraine