Bulgaria's Border Police Arrests 41 Syrians At Crossing With Romania
Bulgaria's border police arrested 41 Syrians at the Danube Bridge border crossing with Romania for illegally trying to leave the country, reports Vesti.bg.
They were found early on Thursday morning hiding in a truck with Turkish plates. The Turkish driver was also arrested.
According to the border police, the illegal immigrants got on the truck in Bulgaria. The truck was carrying window glazing for the Czech Republic.
On Wednesday evening the border police at the same crossing arrested two illegal immigrants from Afghanistan, hiding in a truck with textiles.
The driver was not arrested, as the police established the two had cut the truck's tarpaulin and got on secretly.
On Wednesday the border police apprehended at the Oryahovo border crossing 52 illegal immigrants from Syria, Iraq and Afghanistan.
The total number of illegal immigrants arrested at the Bulgarian-Romanian border is around 150 since the beginning of the week.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » "Information Service" for Green Certificates: We Repelled the biggest Cyber Attack in Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Traffic Police Caught 30 Migrants on Trakia Highway near Sliven
- » Spouses Found Dead in Blagoevgrad, Son is a Suspect of the Murder
- » At Least 116 people have Died in a Prison Riot in Ecuador
- » Demonstrative Murder in Sofia: A Man was Shot Dead at Gerena Stadium
- » Record Homicide Growth in the United States Last Year