Bulgaria's Border Police Arrests 41 Syrians At Crossing With Romania
Bulgaria's border police arrested 41 Syrians at the Danube Bridge border crossing with Romania for illegally trying to leave the country, reports Vesti.bg.
They were found early on Thursday morning hiding in a truck with Turkish plates. The Turkish driver was also arrested.
According to the border police, the illegal immigrants got on the truck in Bulgaria. The truck was carrying window glazing for the Czech Republic.
On Wednesday evening the border police at the same crossing arrested two illegal immigrants from Afghanistan, hiding in a truck with textiles.
The driver was not arrested, as the police established the two had cut the truck's tarpaulin and got on secretly.
On Wednesday the border police apprehended at the Oryahovo border crossing 52 illegal immigrants from Syria, Iraq and Afghanistan.
The total number of illegal immigrants arrested at the Bulgarian-Romanian border is around 150 since the beginning of the week.
- » Police Detained a Bulgarian in France with Nearly 30 kg of Cannabis
- » 1kg of Cocaine and Almost 5kg of Heroin Seized by Police in Plovdiv Area
- » Cyberterrorists Attacked 40 US Cities
- » Bulgarian Special Prosecutor's Office Files Indictment Against Controversial Banevi Family
- » Over One Tonne of Cannabis Was Found Aboard a Yacht in Greece
- » Bulgarian Police Seizes 76 kg of Cocaine Hidden Among Fruits