Interim Budget Committee Approves Budget Update
The interim parliamentary committee on budget and finance approved the draft amendments to Bulgaria's Budget Act, reports the Focus information agency.
The budget update was tabled by the Council of Ministers earlier this week. It provides for a deficit of 3.7% of Bulgaria's GDP for 2014 and the taking of another state loan of BGN 4.5 B.
On Thursday it was approved by 13 members of the parliamentary committee. Five abstained and none was against.
According to Finance Minister Vladislav Goranov excessive deficit and uncollected revenues was not the goal of the amendments, but they were necessary in order to cover the budget gap.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Inflation in Turkey Rises to 23-year High of nearly 79% in June
- » Gambling Industry: Prospects and Future Trends
- » Bulgaria: From July 1, the Minimum Pension becomes BGN 467 (EUR 240)
- » The Committee on Budgets Decided: 0% VAT on Bread in Bulgaria
- » Inflation in the EU is 8.8%, in Bulgaria - 13.4%
- » Bulgaria: Annual Inflation for May jumped 15%