Budget Committee Passes Update of Health Fund's Expenditure
The temporary Budget and Finance Committee at Bulgaria's Parliament has approved the allocation of BGN 100 M more to the National Health Insurance Fund (NZOK).
MPs passed the bill overwhelmingly, with 15 voting yes, none against and four abstained.
NZOK, a cash-strapped institution, has remained in dire straits over the past few months despite the previous elected government's eleventh-hour decision to grant BGN 225 M more to its budget so that the fund is able to make payments to hospitals during the entire year.
Doctors had demanded more than BGN 300 M from the cabinet in July, when it was just about to resign, but it failed to set aside that amount in its last days in office.
- » EU Health Commissioner: The Measures taken by Bulgaria on Rinderpest are Strictly in Line with the EC’s Recommendations
- » Bulgaria Reports Another Case of Ovine Rinderpest
- » Dr. Ivayla Davidova, BFSA: The most Likely Cause of Rinderpest in Bulgaria is illegal Transportation of an Infected Animal from Turkey
- » New Outbreak of Bird Flu in Dobrich
- » Protest in Sofia Against the Euthanasia of Healthy Animals in Strandzha
- » Plovdiv Hospital is Threatened to remain without Electricity