Bulgaria Hosts Int'l Conference on Ukraine, Middle East
Risks and threats to the national, regional and global security on the Balkan Peninsula and in the Black Sea region are on the agenda of an international conference that begins Thursday.
Participants are to discuss developments in Ukraine and the offensive of Islamic State (IS) and also their impact on Bulgaria and its neighbors.
Foreign Minister Daniel Mitov and Defense Minister Nikolay Nenchev are to hold the opening speeches.
A special guest is NATO Supreme Allied Commander Europe Gen Philip Breedlove, for whom Thursday is the second day of his visit to the country.
Sorin Ducaru, NATO Assistant Secretary General for Emerging Security Challenges is also to attend the event.
Officials from Georgia, Macedonia, Qatar, the US, and Ukraine will also take part, alongside UN and Frontex representatives.
Academicals and businesses are also due to attend.
The event is organized by Sofia Security Forum and the Bulgarian Academy of Science (BAS).
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » PM Borissov: Bulgaria May Purchase Eight More F-16 Block 70 Aircrafts From Lockheed Martin
- » General Emil Tonev is the New Head of Bulgaria's National Service for Protection
- » Another 1,000 US Troops to be Send to Poland
- » US Troops to be Send to Bulgaria and Romania
- » Terrorist Attack Was Prevented in Russia
- » US Military Helicopters Will Fly Over Bulgaria