Brazil's Rousseff Receives Credentials of Bulgarian Ambassador
Valeri Yotov, the new ambassador of Bulgaria to Brazil, has presented his credentials to the country's President Dilma Rousseff.
At a ceremony held Monday Rousseff said she was delighted to accept them. She recalled "with satisfaction" her trip to Bulgaria and hoped to repeat it, but expected a visit by her counterpart Rosen Plevneliev.
Ambassador Yotov for his part voiced is confidence that the 80-year-old relations between Brazil and Bulgaria would further develop in all areas of mutual interest.
Brazil's Foreign Minister Luiz Alberto Figueiredo Machado was also present during the event.
Yotov is replacing Chavdar Nikolov, who was recalled in November 2013 over the developments in the case with Olympic weightlifting champion Galabin Boevski and his failure to inform Bulgaria's Foreign Minister about his early release. Boevski surprisingly returned to Bulgaria from Brazil in October even though he had been sentenced to nine years in jail and was serving his sentence there.
Formerly the new ambassador in Brazil represented Bulgaria in Chile.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Sacred Language of My Predecessors: An Exhibition on Croatian-Bulgarian Parallels
- » Ilham Ahmed: Sudan Wants to Revive Ties with Bulgaria at All Levels
- » Iraq's Embassy Hosts Photo Exhibition in Support of Mosul Offensive
- » Rajesh Kumar Sachdeva: Bulgaria Emerging as Destination for Indian Film Industry
- » Bulgaria, Sudan Mark 60 Years of Diplomatic Relations
- » Irit Lillian: History Should Not Be Most Important Element in Israel-Bulgara Relations