Bulgaria's MPs, Ministers Get Pay Rise
The recently elected Bulgarian MPs and ministers are getting a pay rise, shows data of the National Statistic Institute on the average salary in Bulgaria.
According to the data, the average monthly salary in Bulgaria's public sector in Q3 2014 rose by 5.8% year-on-year and reached BGN 900.
Thus, the MP salary automatically increases, as, according to the regulations on the work of the National Assembly, the MP monthly salary equals three average monthly salaries in the public sector.
The gross monthly salary of an MP will increase by BGN 114, to reach BGN 2700. The MPs also get additional sums for representative expenses and participation in parliamentary committees.
The salaries of the ministers also get bigger. They are 130% the salary of an MP. The gross monthly sum will be BGN 3510.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: Not a Single Case of Proven Link between Vaccine against COVID-19 and Death
- » Bulgarian Minister of Education proposes a Vacation from January 31 to February 6
- » Why More People Are Self-Educating Online
- » Bulgarians celebrate St. Athanasius Day
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Windy and cold with max. temperatures between 1°C and 6°C
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: Record - almost 10 000 new cases in the last 24 hours