Piccadilly, Carrefour Supermarkets To Merge In Bulgaria
The owners of Bulgaria’s supermarket chain Piccadilly and the Carrefour franchise agreed to merge the two retail chains in Bulgaria.
According to Dnevnik.bg, the two owners, the Bulgarian company AP Mart and Greek franchise of Carrefour, KMB Bulgaria, will establish a new joint venture.
In this and next year the capital of the new company will be increased by BGN 46 M, in order to stabilise the business and improve the payments to suppliers.
The new company will have a network of 75 stores and more than 3000 employees.
The deal is subject to approval by Bulgaria’s competition watchdog.
- » Facebook Presented Its Own Cryptocurrency
- » Sofia Hosts the international Meeting of Development Banks From the Balkans and Central and Eastern Europe
- » A Forum for Pre-clinical Research was Held with the Participation of BSMEPA
- » Dr. Boyko Takov, Executive Director of BSMEPA: „There is a lot of Ways to Find Resource, more Important is to Use it Properly“
- » Opportunities for Partnership between BSMEPA and America for Bulgaria Foundation were Discussed on a Meeting with Representatives from the Two Institutions
- » More than 70 Companies Took part in a Digital Conference Organized by BSMEPA