Piccadilly, Carrefour Supermarkets To Merge In Bulgaria
The owners of Bulgaria’s supermarket chain Piccadilly and the Carrefour franchise agreed to merge the two retail chains in Bulgaria.
According to Dnevnik.bg, the two owners, the Bulgarian company AP Mart and Greek franchise of Carrefour, KMB Bulgaria, will establish a new joint venture.
In this and next year the capital of the new company will be increased by BGN 46 M, in order to stabilise the business and improve the payments to suppliers.
The new company will have a network of 75 stores and more than 3000 employees.
The deal is subject to approval by Bulgaria’s competition watchdog.
- » 400 People were Detained during the Carnivals in Brazil
- » Jeff Bezos Gives $ 10 Billion to Fight Climate Change
- » NSI: Total Average Income per Household Member in Q4 2019 was BGN 1,770
- » BSMEPA will Work with the Bulgarian Association of Electrical Engineering and Electronics to Support the Industry
- » Salary Rise in Slovenia
- » The Death Toll of the Coronavirus in China Reached 1765