Piccadilly, Carrefour Supermarkets To Merge In Bulgaria
The owners of Bulgaria’s supermarket chain Piccadilly and the Carrefour franchise agreed to merge the two retail chains in Bulgaria.
According to Dnevnik.bg, the two owners, the Bulgarian company AP Mart and Greek franchise of Carrefour, KMB Bulgaria, will establish a new joint venture.
In this and next year the capital of the new company will be increased by BGN 46 M, in order to stabilise the business and improve the payments to suppliers.
The new company will have a network of 75 stores and more than 3000 employees.
The deal is subject to approval by Bulgaria’s competition watchdog.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » 80% of Bulgarians do not Know their Country’s Position on the "Green Deal"
- » Entrepreneurs: Bulgaria’s Edible Cups
- » Brussels will Support Bulgaria if it Decides to Complete Nuclear Power Plant “Belene”
- » Bulgaria: The Price of Sunflower Oil is Expected to Decrease
- » Frans Timmermans: We will Ensure that the Transition in the Coal Regions is Done Fairly
- » Bulgarian Prime Minister: We Will Close the Coal Power Plants in 2038 at the Earliest