Desislava Taneva - Minister of Agriculture
Desislava Taneva, the new Bulgarian Agriculture Minister, was born in 1972.
She graduated from the University for National and World Economy and later from the Burgas Free University, where she studied law.
In 1995-1996 Taneva was the manager of Melnichen Kompleks Sliven AD (Mill Complex Sliven). She became CEO of Mel Invest Holding AD.
In 2007 she was the first female Chair of her hometown Sliven's Municipal Council.
Taneva made it into Parliament two years later, in 2009.
In 2009 Taneva was Boyko Borisov's nominee to take over the same portfolio in the previous GERB government.
However, she gave up the nomination, citing ongoing "speculations" about her career as a CEO and "the potential conflict of interest" as a reason.
Taneva remained a lawmaker and chaired the Parliament Committee on Agriculture and Food.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria’s Prime Minister Responds to President’s Criticism: “Let Him Tell Me What Money to Stop Spending”
- » US and EU Condemned Navalny's Arrest
- » Sofia Crisis Center Gives Shelter to Homeless in Freezing Cold Weather
- » Alexey Navalny Arrested upon Arrival in Moscow, His Supporters Detained in Airport
- » Dutch Govt Resigns over Child Welfare Fraud Scandal
- » EU Anger over Delayed Supplies with Pfizer Vaccine