Krasen Kralev - Sports Minister (GERB)
Krasen Kralev is Minister of Sports in the coalition cabinet of GERB party and the Reformist Bloc (RB) led by Boyko Borisov.
He was elected member of Bulgaria’s Parliament in October 5 early elections running on GERB ticket.
Kralev is founder and board chairman of MAG Communications, a group of marketing communication agencies. He also owns Alternative Media Group and Web Media Group which comprise over a dozen of websites.
He was deputy chairman of New Time party, a position he resigned from in July 2009.
In 1990, Kralev was co-founder of Bulgaria’s Federation of Independent Students’ Societies and the Bulgarian Association for Fair Elections and Civil Rights.
He had assisted US’ National Democratic Institute in conducting election monitoring missions in Albania, South Africa, Yemen, Ukraine and former Yugoslavia.
Kralev had taken part in the planning and managing of the election campaigns of Bulgarian Presidents Zhelyu Zhelev (1991) and Petar Stoyanov (1996) and Bulgarian Prime Minister Simeon-Saxe-Coburg-Gotha (2001).
Born in 1967, Kralev holds a Doctor of Medicine degree.
- » Bulgaria’s GDP to Decline by 3% in the Worst Case Scenario
- » Bulgaria’s Prime Minister Boyko Borissov Congratulated the Republic of North Macedonia on its Accession to NATO
- » Boyko Borissov: The EC Prepares Guidelines against COVID-19 for all Member States
- » U.S. Embassy Sofia and the America for Bulgaria Foundation Announce a Financial Gift Program To Support Bulgarians
- » Bulgaria’s Parliament Set to Shut
- » The President Canceled his Visit to Germany because of the Coronavirus