Temenuzhka Petkova - Minister of Energy (GERB)
Temenuzhka Petkova will be Bulgaria's Minister of Energy in the GERB-RB minority cabinet after Delyan Dobrev refused to take the portfolio.
Born in 1967, she holds a Master's degree in Accountancy and Control from the Sofia-based University of National and World Economy. She has received training in Public Sector Internal Audit at the UK and Ireland's finance ministries and in State Financial Inspection at the same institution in Portugal.
Between 1992 and 2002 she was a financial inspector and later expert at Sofia's State Financial Control department.
Her career continued at Bulgaria's State Internal Financial Control Agency (SIFCA), where she assumed the position of state internal auditor.
From 2007 to 2010 she has headed the inspection department at the Public Financial Inspection Agency (ADFI).
Petkova headed ADFI between 2010-2013, but was dismissed by former Finance Minister Petar Chobanov.
She was also Deputy Finance Minister in the interim government that was in office until November 7, 2014.
- » Bulgaria Parliament Bars Government from Signing Deals on Migrant Readmissions
- » The Bulgarian Customs have Collected nearly BGN 4.6 Billion for the First Half of the Year
- » The Macedonian Parliament Unanimously Approved a NATO Membership Declaration
- » Trump Invited Putin to the US
- » 1/3 of the Farmers in Bulgaria are over 65 Years of Age
- » Marines Are Practicing A Little-Used Tactic In Eastern Europe