Temenuzhka Petkova - Minister of Energy (GERB)
Temenuzhka Petkova will be Bulgaria's Minister of Energy in the GERB-RB minority cabinet after Delyan Dobrev refused to take the portfolio.
Born in 1967, she holds a Master's degree in Accountancy and Control from the Sofia-based University of National and World Economy. She has received training in Public Sector Internal Audit at the UK and Ireland's finance ministries and in State Financial Inspection at the same institution in Portugal.
Between 1992 and 2002 she was a financial inspector and later expert at Sofia's State Financial Control department.
Her career continued at Bulgaria's State Internal Financial Control Agency (SIFCA), where she assumed the position of state internal auditor.
From 2007 to 2010 she has headed the inspection department at the Public Financial Inspection Agency (ADFI).
Petkova headed ADFI between 2010-2013, but was dismissed by former Finance Minister Petar Chobanov.
She was also Deputy Finance Minister in the interim government that was in office until November 7, 2014.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Croatia's Ruling Party Wins Parliamentary Elections
- » Bulgaria’s Ambassador to UK Marin Raykov: The Absence of Bulgaria From The UK's Non-Quarantine List is Abnormal
- » Serbia Declares a State of Emergency in Belgrade
- » Bulgaria's PM Boyko Borissov Sends Congratulatory Address to US President Donald Trump on US Independence Day
- » Bulgarian PM Borissov and the Minister of Defense Attended the Celebration of the Plovdiv Garrison
- » Bulgaria Asks Why Britain Lifts Quarantine For More Than 50 Nations — But Not For Bulgarians