Bulgarian MPs Approve New Cabinet, Ministers Sworn In
The members of Bulgaria's new Council of Ministers have been given the green light by lawmakers.
On Thursday conservative GERB, right-wing Reformist Bloc, nationalist Patriotic Front and left-wing ABV reached a deal on how to form the next Bulgarian cabinet, with GERB and the RB sealing a coalition agreement, the PF supporting their alliance and ABV sending Ivaylo Kalfin to the cabinet and ensuring the support of another 11 MEPs. The government will thus count on a parliamentary majority of 137 (out of 240) lawmakers.
Parliament approved the lineup with a majority of 136-97 (one abstained).
Ministers were sworn in, with both them and lawmakers standing on their feet afterwards to hear the anthems on Bulgaria and the European Union.
Minutes beforehand, GERB's leader Boyko Borisov was approved by MPs as Bulgaria's next Prime Minister.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Kiril Petkov on his Citizenship: I Do Not Feel Any Guilt
- » General Mutafchiiski with Special Award from Jewish Community in Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Road Constuctors Mount yet Another Protest
- » Bulgaria: Prices Will Rise More Steeply than Expected - Finance Ministry
- » Three Foreigners Arrested in Bulgaria for Trading Info from Arsenal military plant
- » Caretaker Government Required State-owned Companies to Pay Dividend