Bulgarian MPs Approve New Cabinet, Ministers Sworn In
The members of Bulgaria's new Council of Ministers have been given the green light by lawmakers.
On Thursday conservative GERB, right-wing Reformist Bloc, nationalist Patriotic Front and left-wing ABV reached a deal on how to form the next Bulgarian cabinet, with GERB and the RB sealing a coalition agreement, the PF supporting their alliance and ABV sending Ivaylo Kalfin to the cabinet and ensuring the support of another 11 MEPs. The government will thus count on a parliamentary majority of 137 (out of 240) lawmakers.
Parliament approved the lineup with a majority of 136-97 (one abstained).
Ministers were sworn in, with both them and lawmakers standing on their feet afterwards to hear the anthems on Bulgaria and the European Union.
Minutes beforehand, GERB's leader Boyko Borisov was approved by MPs as Bulgaria's next Prime Minister.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: MRF Will Not Support GERB for New Constitution and Grand National Assembly
- » Bulgaria: Chairman of Information Services - 4 Months is the Delivery of Voting Machines
- » Upholding the independence of the Bulgarian Prosecutor's Office: National Meeting on Monday
- » Emergency Epidemic Situation in Bulgaria Is Extended until August 31
- » Bulgaria: The Government Will Announce New Social Measures
- » Bulgaria: The National Assembly Accepted the Changes in the Cabinet