Boyko Borisov Approved by Lawmakers as Bulgaria PM
GERB leader Boyko Borisov has been backed by Parliament in his bid to become Bulgaria's Prime Minister.
A stable majority of 149-85 (0 abstained) supported his candidacy.
Borisov is now officially the first politician in Bulgaria's recent history to have a second term in office as Prime Minister.
His candidacy was given the green light by conservative GERB and right-wing Reformist Bloc (the two coalition partners), left-wing ABV, which will support the minority coalition and will have a minister in the cabinet, and the Patriotic Front (PF), a nationalist coalition also backing the government.
However, two PF lawmakers voted against Borisov.
The Bulgarian Democratic Center (BDC), the parliament group of Nikolay Barekov's Bulgaria without Censorship (BDC)-led coalition, also voted "yes".
Socialist BSP, liberal DPS and ultra-nationalist Ataka rejected his candidacy.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Kiril Petkov on his Citizenship: I Do Not Feel Any Guilt
- » General Mutafchiiski with Special Award from Jewish Community in Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Road Constuctors Mount yet Another Protest
- » Bulgaria: Prices Will Rise More Steeply than Expected - Finance Ministry
- » Three Foreigners Arrested in Bulgaria for Trading Info from Arsenal military plant
- » Caretaker Government Required State-owned Companies to Pay Dividend