Vezhdi Rashidov – Minister of Culture (GERB)
Vezhdi Rashidov was born on December 14, 1951, in the southern Bulgarian town of Dimitrovgrad, in an ethnic Turkish family.
He was Minister of Culture in the first Borisov government (2009-2013).
Before that he was city councilor in Sofia.
Rashidov graduated from the National Arts High School in Sofia, and went on to become a sculptor. As a sculptor, Rashidov has authored statuettes for a number of prominent prizes, as well as many large-scale works. He has held over 40 exhibits of his works in Bulgaria and abroad.
In 2002, on the occasion of his 30th anniversary as a sculptor, Rashidov was awarded Bulgaria's highest state order "Stara Planina" I.
- » Bulgaria’s GDP to Decline by 3% in the Worst Case Scenario
- » Bulgaria’s Prime Minister Boyko Borissov Congratulated the Republic of North Macedonia on its Accession to NATO
- » Boyko Borissov: The EC Prepares Guidelines against COVID-19 for all Member States
- » U.S. Embassy Sofia and the America for Bulgaria Foundation Announce a Financial Gift Program To Support Bulgarians
- » Bulgaria’s Parliament Set to Shut
- » The President Canceled his Visit to Germany because of the Coronavirus