Vezhdi Rashidov – Minister of Culture (GERB)
Vezhdi Rashidov was born on December 14, 1951, in the southern Bulgarian town of Dimitrovgrad, in an ethnic Turkish family.
He was Minister of Culture in the first Borisov government (2009-2013).
Before that he was city councilor in Sofia.
Rashidov graduated from the National Arts High School in Sofia, and went on to become a sculptor. As a sculptor, Rashidov has authored statuettes for a number of prominent prizes, as well as many large-scale works. He has held over 40 exhibits of his works in Bulgaria and abroad.
In 2002, on the occasion of his 30th anniversary as a sculptor, Rashidov was awarded Bulgaria's highest state order "Stara Planina" I.
- » Donald Trump Expects to Meet Vladimir Putin in July in Europe
- » A Sharp Slowdown in Wage Growth in Bulgaria
- » Euractiv: Bulgaria to Launch Joint Application to Euro Waiting Room and Banking Union
- » Bavaria Rebels could Unseat Merkel on Migration
- » Trump Told me 'You're a Brutal Killer', EU's Juncker Says
- » The Bulgarian Foreign Minister goes to Macedonia