Vezhdi Rashidov – Minister of Culture (GERB)
Vezhdi Rashidov was born on December 14, 1951, in the southern Bulgarian town of Dimitrovgrad, in an ethnic Turkish family.
He was Minister of Culture in the first Borisov government (2009-2013).
Before that he was city councilor in Sofia.
Rashidov graduated from the National Arts High School in Sofia, and went on to become a sculptor. As a sculptor, Rashidov has authored statuettes for a number of prominent prizes, as well as many large-scale works. He has held over 40 exhibits of his works in Bulgaria and abroad.
In 2002, on the occasion of his 30th anniversary as a sculptor, Rashidov was awarded Bulgaria's highest state order "Stara Planina" I.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: Why are the Women Politicians Always Second?
- » Bulgaria: The Election Campaign Started Today
- » The European Commission Received the Recovery Plan from Bulgaria. What's Next?
- » The Election Campaign for the November 14th Parliamentary and Presidential Elections has Begun
- » CEC Demonstrated how Bulgarians will Vote in the November 2 in 1 Elections
- » CEC Confirmed the Decision of REC-Stara Zagora to Refuse to Register Democratic Bulgaria