Meglena Kuneva - Deputy PM for EU Policies and Institutional Matters (RB)
Meglena Kuneva will be Deputy Prime Minister in charge of EU policies and institutional matters in the coalition cabinet of GERB party and the Reformist Bloc (RB) led by Boyko Borisov.
Nominated to the post by the RB, the current RB co-leader was vice premier in charge of EU issues in the governments led by Simeon Saxe-Coburg-Gotha and Sergey Stanishev (2002-2006).
Kuneva was Bulgaria’s Chief Negotiator in membership talks with the EU. Following Bulgaria’s accession to the EU in 2007, she served as Commissioner for Consumer Affairs (2007-2010).
Elected as member of Parliament in 2001 on the ticket of Simeon Saxe-Coburg-Gotha’s NDSV party, she left the legislature to become deputy foreign minister and Bulgaria’s chief negotiator in accession talks with the EU.
In 2011 Kuneva ran in Bulgaria’s presidential elections and came third with 14% support, failing to qualify for the run-off vote won by Rosen Plevneliev.
Kuneva left NDSV in 2012 to found and head Bulgaria for the Citizens party that joined the Reformist Bloc in 2013.
- » Final: The Case of the Omani State Fund Against Bulgaria over the CCB has been Completed
- » Changes in Traffic in Sofia from Today, See Where
- » International Reed Boat Expedition Departs from Bulgaria’s Varna
- » US Military will Come to Bulgaria for Joint Training
- » More than BGN 12 Million for the New Bulgarian State-owned Dam Company
- » Google Street View is Updating the Map of Bulgaria