Meglena Kuneva - Deputy PM for EU Policies and Institutional Matters (RB)
Meglena Kuneva will be Deputy Prime Minister in charge of EU policies and institutional matters in the coalition cabinet of GERB party and the Reformist Bloc (RB) led by Boyko Borisov.
Nominated to the post by the RB, the current RB co-leader was vice premier in charge of EU issues in the governments led by Simeon Saxe-Coburg-Gotha and Sergey Stanishev (2002-2006).
Kuneva was Bulgaria’s Chief Negotiator in membership talks with the EU. Following Bulgaria’s accession to the EU in 2007, she served as Commissioner for Consumer Affairs (2007-2010).
Elected as member of Parliament in 2001 on the ticket of Simeon Saxe-Coburg-Gotha’s NDSV party, she left the legislature to become deputy foreign minister and Bulgaria’s chief negotiator in accession talks with the EU.
In 2011 Kuneva ran in Bulgaria’s presidential elections and came third with 14% support, failing to qualify for the run-off vote won by Rosen Plevneliev.
Kuneva left NDSV in 2012 to found and head Bulgaria for the Citizens party that joined the Reformist Bloc in 2013.
- » Bulgarian Parliament Adopted Changes to the Black Sea Coast Planning Act
- » Foreign Minister: We will Establish Regular Contact between the Diplomats of Bulgaria and UAE
- » PM of Hungary Viktor Orban: Hungary Sees Bulgaria as an Ally to the Migration Problem
- » Ekaterina Zaharieva: We Are Extremely Worried about the New Escalation in the Gulf of Oman
- » Rumen Radev Met with Hungarian President Janos Ader in Budapest
- » PM Borissov Held a Meeting with UAE's Foreign Minister Abdullah bin Zayed bin Sultan Al Nahyan