Rumyana Bachvarova - Deputy PM for Coalition Policy (GERB)
Rumyana Bachvarova will be deputy prime minister in charge of coalition policy and state administration in the coalition government led by Boyko Borisov that was unveiled on Thursday.
She was member of GERB’s team of negotiators who held talks over forging a coalition government with other parties represented in Parliament following inconclusive October 5 early elections.
Nominated to the post by GERB, Bachvarova was manager of polling agency Market Links.
Bachvarova, born in 1959, has a degree in sociology from Sofia University St. Kliment Ohridski.
An experienced professional in marketing and media surveys, public communications and advertisement market. When Boyko Borisov became prime minister following general elections in July 2009 won by GERB, he appointed Bachvarova chief of his staff.
Market Links polling agency made headlines before the general elections in 2009 after forecasting that GERB party will win the vote by a large margin. Most surveys at that time said the party of Sofia mayor Boyko Borisov had a negligible lead over the Socialist party.
- » Bulgaria’s GDP to Decline by 3% in the Worst Case Scenario
- » Bulgaria’s Prime Minister Boyko Borissov Congratulated the Republic of North Macedonia on its Accession to NATO
- » Boyko Borissov: The EC Prepares Guidelines against COVID-19 for all Member States
- » U.S. Embassy Sofia and the America for Bulgaria Foundation Announce a Financial Gift Program To Support Bulgarians
- » Bulgaria’s Parliament Set to Shut
- » The President Canceled his Visit to Germany because of the Coronavirus