Rumyana Bachvarova - Deputy PM for Coalition Policy (GERB)
Rumyana Bachvarova will be deputy prime minister in charge of coalition policy and state administration in the coalition government led by Boyko Borisov that was unveiled on Thursday.
She was member of GERB’s team of negotiators who held talks over forging a coalition government with other parties represented in Parliament following inconclusive October 5 early elections.
Nominated to the post by GERB, Bachvarova was manager of polling agency Market Links.
Bachvarova, born in 1959, has a degree in sociology from Sofia University St. Kliment Ohridski.
An experienced professional in marketing and media surveys, public communications and advertisement market. When Boyko Borisov became prime minister following general elections in July 2009 won by GERB, he appointed Bachvarova chief of his staff.
Market Links polling agency made headlines before the general elections in 2009 after forecasting that GERB party will win the vote by a large margin. Most surveys at that time said the party of Sofia mayor Boyko Borisov had a negligible lead over the Socialist party.
- » Ukrainian President Appoints Ambassadors to Bulgaria and Algeria
- » 250,000 in London to Protest against Trump
- » Heavy Traffic from Serbia to Bulgaria via Kalotina
- » Uzbek-Bulgarian Trade House Opens in Sofia
- » Soon 13 New Trams will be Delivered in Sofia
- » Soon Starts the Construction of an Underpass at Pencho Slaveykov Blvd in Sofia