Nikolina Angelkova – Minister of Tourism (GERB)
Nikolina Angelkova becomes a Minister of Tourism.
The Tourism ministry resulted from the split of the “mega” ministry of energy, economy and tourism in the several previous governments.
Angelkova was Minister of Transport, Information Technologies and Communications in the caretaker government.
Angelkova was born on November 30, 1979 - one of the youngest ministers.
She is an alumna of the Harvard Business School – Boston, USA. Angelkova has obtained a master's degree in Law at the University of National and World Economy, Sofia. She has competed specializations at a number of international universities.
In the period 2010-2011, Angelkova was head of a unit at the Ministry of Regional Development. In 2011, she became a member of the Board of directors at the Road Infrastructure Agency. Angelkova was a deputy Minister of Regional Development until 2013.
In March 2014, Angelkova was chosen as one of the 214 Young Global Leaders by the World Economic Forum.
She is fluent in English, Spanish, Italian, French and Russian.
- » Bulgaria’s GDP to Decline by 3% in the Worst Case Scenario
- » Bulgaria’s Prime Minister Boyko Borissov Congratulated the Republic of North Macedonia on its Accession to NATO
- » Boyko Borissov: The EC Prepares Guidelines against COVID-19 for all Member States
- » U.S. Embassy Sofia and the America for Bulgaria Foundation Announce a Financial Gift Program To Support Bulgarians
- » Bulgaria’s Parliament Set to Shut
- » The President Canceled his Visit to Germany because of the Coronavirus