Bulgaria's Border Police Returns Guard Dogs At Bulgarian-Turkish Border
Bulgaria's Interior Ministry said it brings back to service the guard dogs at the Bulgarian-Turkish border, reports the 24 Chasa daily.
The canines, traditionally German Shepherds, will patrol the border after a 20-year intermission, due to the increase of illegal immigrants trying to cross the border. Until now the dogs were used only occasionally for manhunts, but are now back to full-time service.
The construction of a modern dog kennel at the Kapitan Andreevo border crossing is almost complete. It will house 10 dogs.
- » New Case of African Swine Fever Confirmed in Varna Area
- » 100 Tonnes of Sunflower Seed Destroyed by Fire in Silo in Varna
- » A Substance Contained in Liquids for E-Cigarettes and Hookahs Will Be Included in the the Drug List
- » Bulgarian Wins Best Actress Award at Sarajevo Film Festival
- » Two New Cases of West Nile Fever in Bulgaria
- » Doctors, Hospitals and Pharmacies - with Reports For the Protection of Personal Data